What people who have worked at No More Knots have to say
“From the very first day I walked through the doors of No More Knots I felt immediately ‘at home’. 4 years later, it is time for me to leave this home to embark on my own professional journey. No More Knots genuinely cares about the welfare and professional development of their therapists and the high level of care provided to its patients.
I will miss all the therapists that I have had the pleasure to work alongside with, and especially for all the social get-togethers and past X’mas parties over the years – may some embarrassing moments best be forgotten
Thank you so much for Kristy, Clare and Sarah G and the entire reception team for all their support, and of course a special thank you to Kelly who gave me the opportunity to work at the best clinic in Brisbane!”
I feel incredibly privileged to be a part of No More Knots. I would have said “a part of the team”, but within weeks of starting there, it was more like being a part of the family. As a relatively new therapist, I really value the inclusion and the confidence it provides, as well as the dedication of the business to continually providing therapists with top-notch education and development opportunities. I’ve never had a job I’ve loved so much!
- Erin Haske B Sp Sci (Hons) AEP CSCS RMT
“NMK has been the bomb! If I hadn’t worked at No More Knots, there is absolutely no way I would have become the therapist I am today. NMK was the first professional clinic I ever stepped foot in. I’ve worked on various national and international sports teams and also in a variety of corporate type workplaces and nothing is more satisfying than strutting down the road in black and orange knowing I am about to have an awesome day surrounded by great people.
I am so proud to have been part of Australia’s Largest Remedial Massage Clinic. Working at No More Knots is what every therapist should be doing! You are exposed to such a diverse demographic and have more than you could ask just waiting to be discovered here. This clinic really is an exceptional business to be part of.
There aren’t too many clinics where you get the support and ongoing education that is on offer here. The management are real people with a genuine interest in your wellbeing, they want to see you happy and they want to see you grow. The flexibility and regularity of hours are not to be sneezed at. The value I’ve found in working here at NMK goes beyond just the dollar sign. I have found that experience is something money can’t buy. I have had the opportunity to treat some very interesting and challenging patients here and it is these experiences that have lead me down the path of questioning the underlying causes of autoimmune diseases and pursue my determination to uncover the truth, discoveries and answers behind the unknown”.
- Bec Mills
“When I was at college, I was worried about working at a clinic that would pump through clients just to be busy. I also didn’t think that I would be well taken care of as a therapist in a clinic that was too busy. I know that I could work in other places and earn more money – and I have done this – but there are some things about No More Knots that I really like that I wasn’t able to get from other places:
• I am encouraged to promote and treat to my best potential using MST skills and this is very important to me
• If I have any questions they always have the time to answer them
• I had 2 training sessions in the first month of working, and they were super helpful and reassuring
• Working with other therapists that I can converse with about my clients is easy – in smaller clinics, this has been very difficult. I get so many more treating options to work with when I talk to other therapists during their breaks at work.
• I like that I don’t have to worry about towels, or reception or advertising or anything – I just come in and leave and know that everything has been taken care of in every possible way. This is a BIG weight off my shoulders and saves me lots of time and money
• I am very busy and very happy to be earning good, consistent income
• The reception staff are SO professional – I have been learning from them as well – I listen to them on the phone and think to myself “I could never have handled that situation that well and so professionally”
• The administrative team are very understanding about people’s issues – I can change my hours in advance if I have something on, or take time off on the rare occasion I have had a headache. They have been very supportive with me with this which I appreciate
• Attention to details like food provided at meetings, providing more space for staff to chill out on breaks, listening to our requests – it’s all the little things that make big differences that you would think working for a big place would go un-noticed, but it’s just the opposite!
• The working environment is very welcoming, clean and professional
• Coming straight from college I know that this clinic has helped me to grow. It’s a great place to begin my career – I know that if I didn’t start working here I would still have the same opinion of big companies like No More Knots that I did at college, but I am so glad that I have had a chance to start to grow so that I can one day take what I have learnt and open my own business in the future”
- Rachel Moore, Bachelor of Musculoskeletal Therapy, Endeavour College
“Great staff atmosphere and team moral, which is very rare in the workplace.
Excellent personal development – I really enjoyed the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills.
A fantastic boss, one whom appreciates hard work and effort!
Flexibility of shifts.”
- Ashley Richters
“You get to work in a place which values team work.
People’s strengths are utilised so that everyone has a role to play and people are only too willing to help out others to get the job done.
The growth of the company hasn’t affected the friendly and close-knit culture which I think NMK is known for.
Managers really value the staff and always show appreciation for their efforts.”
- Moira Roosmale-Cocq
“It was a pleasure working in such an environment and I feel privileged to have witnessed the massive changes that happened while I was there for 6 years.
The learning environment in invaluable. The amount that I learned from both the other massage therapists and physios was incredible. I was so raw and lacked confidence after college and learnt more in the first 6 months working at the clinic and with teams like the Reds than I did in 4 years at college.
Learning how to communicate to patients is paramount. NMK staff do this extremely well and set an example that rubs off on everybody. The open clinic environment ensured this happened.
Being asked for input is empowering to staff and seeing the suggestions implemented often immediately was exciting.
Kelly, the owner, put everything she had back into the clinic…financially and physically. This was demonstrated by the constant improvements and the arduous hours she always worked.
Professional image is portrayed at all times with strictness in uniforms and marketing material. (I wore black shoes for 6 years and hated it but knew it was for the best!).
We had heaps of laughs and our clients loved this environment too!
Management understood life’s events as they unravelled…..eg break ups, get back togethers, marriage, holidays…. And accommodated me…
NMK staff practised what they preached…by doing stretches and keeping fit while treating patients.”
- Cathy Davis